Ruby on Rails Senior Developer
CareMonkey Pty Ltd – Based in Cremorne, Melbourne VIC
We are looking to hire a full stack Senior Ruby/Rails Developer. This is a full-time role where you are required to work from our office in Melbourne during business hours. This role would suit someone looking to take charge and potentially move into a management role.
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer and working from our funky Melbourne office, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing our system:
To be successful in this role you’ll need these skills:
- Strong Ruby/RoR experience (4+ years) working across the full stack
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and opinions.
- Multiple years experience working in teams, with a preference to working in an Agile environment.
- Good knowledge and practice of automated testing and working in a CI environment.
- Solid object orientated design skills. You will need to be comfortable designing and developing software using industry best practices.
- Web-based integration using web services, REST, JSON, etc.
- Unix, Postgres, Git experience.
- Professional / Tertiary Qualifications; Tertiary qualifications in IT or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Experience building commercial, high traffic, internet-facing web sites
- Has an attention to detail and a willingness to take ownership of issues and deliverables.
- Team player, reliable and has a positive mindset.
- Passionate about leading-edge development practices.
- You care about building high quality and highly secure systems.
- Self-motivated and driven to overcome obstacles and achieve results.
- Willingness to learn and improve and be willing to teach and assist others.
- A natural people person, with good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work well within a management team.
- Highly professional with high integrity.
- Flexible and able to take on a variety of roles including leadership.
This is a dynamic role and we are looking for someone who has proven experience and a professional approach to work. If you are looking for an organisation with a great culture where your skills will be advanced, click the button below and apply.