Ruby on Rails Guru
CareMonkey Pty Ltd – Based in Cremorne, Melbourne VIC
We are looking to hire a Senior Ruby/Rails Developer. This is a full-time role where you are required to work from our office in Melbourne during business hours.
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer and working from our funky Melbourne office, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing our system:
You’ll need these skills:
- Strong programming skills (4+ years). You should be an expert in Ruby and have some familiarity with or willingness to learn others.
- Strong skills in modern software development techniques such as test-driven development, micro-service architecture, and OO programming
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively with business stakeholders.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and opinions.
- Multiple years experience working in teams, with a preference to working in an Agile environment.
- Good knowledge and practice of automated testing and working in a CI environment.
- Solid object orientated design skills. You will need to be comfortable designing and developing software using industry best practices.
- Web-based integration using web services, REST, JSON, etc.
- SQL, Git experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
You’ll have these personal values:
- Has an attention to detail and a willingness to take ownership of issues and deliverables.
- Team player, reliable and has a positive mindset.
- Passionate about leading-edge development practices.
- You care about building high quality and highly secure systems.
- Self-motivated and driven to overcome obstacles and achieve results.
- Willingness to learn and improve and be willing to teach and assist others.
- A natural people person, with good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work well within a management team.
- Highly professional with high integrity.
- Flexible and able to take on a variety of roles including leadership.
WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK WITH US:
Flexible working hours.
You’ll enjoy rooftop barbecues and playing table tennis.
Easy access to Swan St and tons of great places to eat and grab yourself a coffee.
Great location – 5 minutes walk from Richmond Station, 5 minutes walk from East Richmond Station.
A relaxed and friendly work environment.
If you are looking for an organisation with a great culture where your skills will be advanced, click the button below and apply.